We believe everything starts and ends with our people. They are the heart of our agency and they’re not all based in Leamington HQ or London. We’ve got a fantastic office based in Lithuania (Lietuva) which is a nature lovers delight as a forest covers 1/3 of the country. Our growing team of developers and testers based there have played a fundamental part in the agency for over 5 years now and before you ask, no we didn’t set up base there because they had the fastest internet speeds in the world as of 2011….. did we?
At BPI ROK we know how important it is to get all of our team on the same page and as useful as a Skype and regular conferences calls are, they’re not as good as actually being present and face to face. It’s because of this we regularly arrange trips throughout the year where the team travels to Lithuania and vice versa. This helps us all to not only build a stronger understanding and bond but to also interact more, share ideas, experiences and experience other cultures.
Here are a few snaps from out latest trip...
Our top 10 facts about Lithuania...
- Lithuania’s economy was the fastest growing in Europe throughout much of the 2000s.
- Lithuania only ever had a single king: Mindaugas, who united the tribes and established a monarchy, but was assassinated a few decades later.
- In their own language, the country is called Lietuva.
- Basketball is the country’s national sport and the team is ranked third worldwide.
- Lithuania is the only country in the world with its own official scent, called the Scent of Lithuania.
- Lithuania has the fastest internet speeds in the world, as of 2011
- Forest covers 1/3 of the country.
- Žydrūnas Savickas is a famous Lithuanian who has won the World’s Strongest Man competition.
- The first school dates back to 1387, at Vilnius Cathedral.
- In Lithuania, the Easter Bunny doesn’t bring you Easter eggs. Easter Granny does. If you think that’s weird, remember that she’s the only one of those two with opposable thumbs.